• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ukraine - Superthread

rmc_wannabe

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
National Peacekeepers Day feels kind of archaic right now.
Pearsonian peacekeeping is definitely something relegated to the history books. Our folly in Mali demonstrated we have no desire for modern "Peace making" that is required in the 21st century.
I seriously doubt there will be any peace to keep in Ukraine when this is all over. It will either be annihilation or an infinite proxy war. No in-between.

Kirkhill

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
I wonder if the Post-Pelosi Taiwan Tantrum by China is/was an effort to take the US's eyes of the Ukraine ball.

If we look at the entire Russo-Chinese effort as one continuous front with points of contact at Ukraine and Taiwan then

US supporting Ukraine
Russia losing in Ukraine due to US missiles

China raises temperature in Taiwan
Pelosi goes to Taiwan
China send planes and missiles over Taiwan

US responds by releasing longer range missiles to Ukrainians reminding the Russians and the Chinese that things can get worse.

Meanwhile Russia plays nuclear games at Enerhodar in Zaporozhzhia.

And, in response - rare routine visits of American subs to Faslane. I leave uncommented the oxymoron there.

Also, I thought I saw a report about a US boomer surfacing in the Pacific recently - just for show.

Skysix

Reaction score
If not longer range HIMARS (my bet) a rapid HIMARS penetration raid to within range in a loosely populated/defended portion of FEBA or Ukranian 5th column activity or drone airstrikes. Of the 4, longer range missiles seems the most likely.

Retired AF Guy

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
This article from the Moscow Times is reporting one dead and several injured. The article also a has link to video showing an explosion taken as viewed from one of the local beaches. Queue some excited beachgoers.

YZT580

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
if they succeeded in hitting the flight line this one will be a game changer. Nothing in occupied UKRAINE is out of reach which will require them to relocate their fleet as well. logistics just got a whole lot more complicated.

Retired AF Guy

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I was wondering how long it would take before he made an appearance.

Steven Seagal, a Hollywood actor who received Russian citizenship in 2016, visited the site of a recent attack on a prisoner of war camp in Olenivka in eastern Ukraine, according to information posted Tuesday on the Telegram channel of pro-Kremlin TV host Vladimir Solovyov.

Seagel, who is a special envoy for Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, also met with Ukrainian prisoners of war, including servicemen from the Azov Regiment involved in the defense of Mariupol. The pro-Russian actor spoke to the prisoners and “asked them uncomfortable questions,” according to Solovyov.

Rest of story with photos and commentary (In Russian) can be found here.

Mills Bomb

Reaction score

Take a look at the listings at the top that are "3 minutes old".

Close your browser. Go have a beer. Come back 20 mins later.

It's the same listings still "3 minutes old".

Not entirely sure who's getting played, but something is suspicious. Nice propaganda effect but reddit is becoming more and more of a hive mind in my opinion and even popular posts with lots of cheerleading need to be questioned, sometimes it's pretty obvious something is going on like in this case. There's so much misinformation pumping going on there it's very difficult to find fair discussions. Most likely these are just a random assortment of listings, some old, some new, but not a panic of people all listing at once.

Random other example; go to r/politics and it's a hive mind of Lefties in all the posts and replies, then go to r/conservative and it's a hive mind of Trumper's in posts and replies. There's few balanced subreddits remaining for mature balanced discussions.

CBH99

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
Which shows on his Twitter feed today:

"“The Government of Canada is committed to making peacekeeping more effective and inclusive. Through the Elsie Initiative for Women in Peace Operations, we are working with like-minded partners to increase the participation of uniformed women in peacekeeping operations. Through The Vancouver Principles, we are also preventing the recruitment and use of child soldiers in peacekeeping missions."

- How are we preventing the recruitment & use of child soldiers?

Like what, exactly, are we doing to prevent this? (Other than wagging the finger, ofcourse...)

- Our like minded partners put their military muscle into NATO operations, not UN 'poverty troops standing around kinda/sorta trying to maybe help poverty problems.'

The French (I know they aren't a NATO member) basically steamrolled the insurgent army over the course of a few weeks, with 2500 troops and an enhanced fighter squadron conducting bombing missions & CAS.

The UN? The largest peacekeeping mission in the world is in Mali, with around 15,000 troops (Recently beat out by the mission in Sudan, also pegged at around 15,000.)

How's progress looking there, UN?

Also rich coming from the guy who refused to extend our mission in Mali while the Romanians arrived & got set up.

My point? Our like minded partners aren't doing UN missions alongside Kenya or Pakistan.

- I am all for equality between men and women. I genuinely believe the most qualified person should get the job.

The only time somebody's gender really matters is in the bathroom and the bedroom, as far as I'm concerned.

You know who doesn't give a shit about the female to male ratio on an incoming UN peacekeeper deployment? The same dickheads that use child soldiers...

That's right, The same dickheads that didn't care about our wagging of the finger...

( Gosh I just want to punch in the mouth every time he opens it... I find myself infuriated some days that somebody so stupid even exists. Rant off...)

Last edited: