• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Misconduct Allegations in The CAF

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
McDonald is the only one (well, Eyre, once he’s not Acting) the Governor in Council can say, “Your service shall not longer continue.”

It would take a pair…or see the results of the latest Nanos poll that would indicate to the GIC that the people think McDonald’s time is over.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
LGen Whelan. CMP, suspended.

We few... we not so happy few....

chad kroeger GIF

SeaKingTacco

Army.ca Fixture
Donor
Reaction score
McDonald is the only one (well, Eyre, once he’s not Acting) the Governor in Council can say, “Your service shall not longer continue.”

It would take a pair…or see the results of the latest Nanos poll that would indicate to the GIC that the people think McDonald’s time is over.
Why would it take a pair? I am not sure I understand what core group of Liberal voters would care, one way or another, who the CDS is.

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Why would it take a pair? I am not sure I understand what core group of Liberal voters would care, one way or another, who the CDS is.
Take a pair (heretofore not displayed) to venture out into Decisionland without having a survey that talking heads can ease the GIC’s mind…

kev994

Subscriber
Reaction score
Facepalm 🤦‍♀️ here. WTF????
I lost track long ago, but didn’t this guy’s predecessor get removed for sexual misconduct? Or is that a different HR job? I seem to remember the guy in charge of CMP being under investigation.

kev994

Subscriber
Reaction score
The Globe and Mail has some additional tidbits in their article Here. Confirms that his predecessor was removed for sexual misconduct and that the investigation started back in June, basically as soon as he took over CMP.

ballz

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Maybe our current crop/generation of GOFOs just need to fade away and let the next generation take over. This would also be a good way to take care of the bloat at our higher HQs.

Our current crop of Colonels and Lieutenant-Colonels, and their supporting CWOs, have been infected by the same / raised in the same culture of zero accountability, being too afraid and too incomptent in HR to use the remedial measures system. It was a Maj (now currently serving LCol) and an MWO that were too spineless to support me in putting a WO on remedial measures when I was a Pl Comd, then when they were finally on board it was a LCol and RSM who lacked any spine and decided to just post the problem, that caused me to pursue my CPA as a mechanism to release. Had nothing to do with GOFOs.

Get rid of all the GOFOs all you want, I don't think much changes.

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
I think I have a foolproof solution: we get everyone to self-attest in Monitor-Mass that they are not guilty of sexual misconduct. My understanding is that there is no way to defeat this system.
Magnificent

KevinB

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
So how many GOFO's are left?
Too many?

I'm sure there will be more reports to come, it has become fashionable now to throw a GOFO under the bus.
Don't get me wrong I am all for burning the guilty at the stake - but some of the reports seem to be years old - I wonder what took so long for them to come to light - others seem to be scorned lovers (which doesn't excuse the relationships - especially the disparity of rank in some) - but as someone who tried to report several inappropriate relationships overseas - the MP's didn't GAFF - and its not an individual problem at this point - it's an entire systemic issue - but at the end of the day, the Military is a reflection of society - I would suggest that the Canadian Society as a whole needs a wake up call on this - as it isn't isolated to the CF -- the CF is just the whipping boy poster child envogue these days - and I'm sure (based on what I have seen elsewhere in the Cdn Gov - that I could find more issues in the RCMP and PS on a per capita basis than the CF.

Colin Parkinson

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Too many?

I'm sure there will be more reports to come, it has become fashionable now to throw a GOFO under the bus.
Don't get me wrong I am all for burning the guilty at the stake - but some of the reports seem to be years old - I wonder what took so long for them to come to light - others seem to be scorned lovers (which doesn't excuse the relationships - especially the disparity of rank in some) - but as someone who tried to report several inappropriate relationships overseas - the MP's didn't GAFF - and its not an individual problem at this point - it's an entire systemic issue - but at the end of the day, the Military is a reflection of society - I would suggest that the Canadian Society as a whole needs a wake up call on this - as it isn't isolated to the CF -- the CF is just the whipping boy poster child envogue these days - and I'm sure (based on what I have seen elsewhere in the Cdn Gov - that I could find more issues in the RCMP and PS on a per capita basis than the CF.
Speaking of the PS,yea a Regional Director General would not create a whole new level of management and then appoint her boyfriend from another Department to one of those new nice paying jobs without a competition for the job would they?