• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Disobeying an unlawful/unethical order - Mandatory Vaccinations

Misses muffett

Reaction score
What about this one, with more serious sources and more relevant content?

View attachment 66784
Again, I didnt bring up the autism connection to vaccines. And am not saying that vaccines causes it. There are too many factors to consider. Perhaps this graph indicates that people are trying to combat autism with organic food. Everyone loves to play the devil's avocado 🥑

SupersonicMax

Army.ca Veteran
Mentor
Reaction score
Again, I didnt bring up the autism connection to vaccines. And am not saying that vaccines causes it. There are too many factors to consider. Perhaps this graph indicates that people are trying to combat autism with organic food. Everyone loves to play the devil's avocado 🥑
But yet, you brought up the causation between vaccine and autism….

I didnt even bring up Autism, someone else did lol but since you asked the vaccine schedule has increased since 1950 and so has Autism. Derive from that what you will.

You clearly have an agenda against vaccines in general. Just providing facts to weaken your argument.

Misses muffett

Reaction score
But yet, you brought up the causation between vaccine and autism….

You clearly have an agenda against vaccines in general. Just providing facts to weaken your argument.
Again, I did not bring up causation: Only correlation. See what you want.

SupersonicMax

Army.ca Veteran
Mentor
Reaction score
Again, I did not bring up causation: Only correlation. See what you want.
You did. You said:
I didnt even bring up Autism, someone else did lol but since you asked the vaccine schedule has increased since 1950 and so has Autism. Derive from that what you will.
Your last sentence is a reference to causation (or not). Otherwise, derive what?

Misses muffett

Reaction score
You did. You said:

Your last sentence is a reference to causation (or not). Otherwise, derive what?
- take from it whatever you want. Many brooks lead into the river which then goes into the ocean. Pretend the ocean is autism...all the contributing factors are the brooks and rivers...vaccines may be a contributing factor...are they causation? Or just correlation? Unethical experiments would have to be done in order to prove causation...as of right now I have NOT been diagnosed as having autism. That is NOT to say that I dont already have it...just that I have NOT been diagnosed.

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Wasn't Nova Scotia on their second wave when Ontario and BC were on their third? Doesn't really matter I guess, may be easier to keep count with Canada rather than what happened locally.

How long can you be banned from seeing your family in the next community before it becomes a brutal restriction? Given your example of NS, look at Sackville/Amherst.

I'm with you on the fact that in short term none of what Canada has endured is brutal, but coming up on 24 months of fairly consistent lockdown, I would say it is turning towards brutal for the civilian population.

My family is from PEI, including my aging parents and in-laws; 3 hour drive from my doorstep to theirs. We weren't allowed to go home over the Holidays last year. I don't consider that brutal; the people who are responsible to manage and mitigate that risk have my trust they are doing it with the best of their ability - I don't have their knowledge, experience or information so try to not arm-chair it too much. They appreciate me telling them how to do their jobs as much as I'd "appreciate" them standing behind me telling me how to operate RADAR or something based on some stuff they read and their opinion on how it works.

I "worst case scenario" things a lot; the "worst case scenario" in me going to PEI to visit family is "they get sick and don't survive". I find that risk harder to live with than the disappointment of missed family visits / events.

Last edited:

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
I was driving on the highway, pressed down on my gas pedal and my car sped up.

Another car ALSO sped up, so it must have been because I pressed my gas pedal. Right? That is the version of correlation you're presenting...

Happy Guy

Reaction score
Ref: The Real Reasons Autism Rates Are Up in the U.S.

According to the above ref, Autism was first diagnosed in 1943 and the definition of Autism has changed throughout the years. There has been a rise in Autism rates but according to Scientific American the increase in rates have been attributed to an increased awareness of Autism. Someone already has mentioned this in this discussion.

I happen to do read Scientific American on a regular basis, mainly to keep up with my children who are studying in the STEM fields. As far as I know this periodical is widely respected and is not known to have published any theories using spurious correlation (Supersonic Max - loved that example and I am pro organic food) as its basis just to prove it.

There are much more articles by respected scientific journals as well as statements from Medical Associations disproving the theory that vaccines causes autism but I doubt that any anti-vaxer will believe them. These are zealots who picket in front of hospitals and deliberately hamper anyone seeking medical treatment. This group will believe what it wants to believe and ignore everything else. The best we, as a society, is to limit the disinformation and try to protect the vulnerable population like our elderly in Long Term Care Homes and our young children who are not vaccinated from them.

Having been born and raised in Canada I have directly benefited from being vaccinated. I no longer fear getting polio and small pox (yes I am of the generation that had the vaccine and the corresponding scar on my left arm). Thanks to the hard work by the medical profession my children and their generation no longer have to get the small pox and polio vaccination. The irony is that the government and medical profession did their work so well that it has led rise to a group of people who are anti-vaccine because they have not experienced anyone who has had small pox or polio. I have been deployed in regions where there are limited health care programmes in place and I have seen the terrible effects of disease and poor hygiene conditions have wrought to the population.

I strongly encourage the vaccine hesitate people to talk with their medical professionals and not consult the internet.

Last edited:

Happy Guy

Reaction score
PS, .... Thank God I'm retired so I don't have to work along side a non-vaccinated person. My rights to work in hazard less, stress free environment would have be violated :p

Remius

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
I remember the whole mercury in vaccines was linked to autism. Then over time mercury levels were reduced yet autism rates didn’t follow suit. So anti vaxxers just picked something else to fill their narrative. Because being wrong was worse than than doing damage to a proven science. There is more mercury in a can of Tuna than in a vaccine but that seems to escape the vaccine/autism fantasy world.

Navy_Pete

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
There is a correlation between rates of Autism and increased vaccines. This is not causation of course...who would ever fund that type of research?
Sigh... there is also a correlation between the increase in autism and the decrease in pirates, but I don't think anyone is suggesting we need more pirates, or that is something we should fund for causation. The vaccine link has been studied, and aside from the study that was discredited because the data was made up, zero causation has been found.

Autism itself is diagnosed by psychologists, not by any kind of repeatable medical marker, and the definition keeps expanding to include all kinds of things that previously were separate diagnoses all together (like Aspergers for example). If you go back a few generations in history, people were just considered weird or massively disabled and there was no diagnoses, but there is lots of evidence with all kinds of people having autistic traits throughout history.

So the rate itself will increase simply on the basis of the widened net of the diagnoses and increased screening, plus actual understanding of the conditions. Additionally, people diagnosed as adults in their 40s, 50s and 60s didn't suddenly wake up with it, so getting a relevant incidence rate would have to involve adjusting the date backwards to a standard reference point (ie birth date) instead of a diagnosis date.

All the current research indicates it's a genetic condition that you are born with, with some possibilities that there are general environmental conditions for in vitro exposure that may aggravate the development of it if you are someone who is predisposed towards it, but things are basically locked in before you are born. There are a lot of different conditions (generically lumped in under 'neurodiversity') in the same boat, and lots of people in and out of the CAF leading productive lives with no issue.

Conversely, mumps, measles, rubella and polio will all kill you or leave you maimed, and COVID can potentially do the same thing. There are some rare cases for of real vaccine side effects, but it's exponentially lower than actual COVID risks, so not really sure what you are on about.

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Sigh... there is also a correlation between the increase in autism and the decrease in pirates, but I don't think anyone is suggesting we need more pirates, or that is something we should fund for causation. The vaccine link has been studied, and aside from the study that was discredited because the data was made up, zero causation has been found.
What's wrong with pirates? ;)