• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

covid question,

FormerHorseGuard

Reaction score
I just saw the post on social media about the army plan about giving the vaccine to the troops.

can a soldier refuse the vaccine? Or refuse any other medical treatment or vaccine?

I ask here because it is not news worthy and I did not want to take away from more important questions.

I always followed the advice of the medical staff while in uniform. Advice=Order?

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
can a soldier refuse the vaccine?

Like other vaccines provided to CAF members, the COVID-19 vaccine will not be mandatory; this remains a voluntary option for all. Whether or not a vaccine will be made a requirement for an operation or a position is a decision to be made by operational commanders, in consultation with their medical advisors. However, CAF members may require proof of a COVID-19 vaccination in order to operate in certain high-risk environments or with vulnerable populations.

END QUOTE

Kat Stevens

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score

Like other vaccines provided to CAF members, the COVID-19 vaccine will not be mandatory; this remains a voluntary option for all. Whether or not a vaccine will be made a requirement for an operation or a position is a decision to be made by operational commanders, in consultation with their medical advisors. However, CAF members may require proof of a COVID-19 vaccination in order to operate in certain high-risk environments or with vulnerable populations.

END QUOTE
To put it in armyese; career going fine, career going fine... career stops! Insufficient immunizations! 😁

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
Keep in mind that even if a particular OP does not require the vaccine, some countries that people may travel to (for third location LTA) may require it for entrance (similar to yellow fever). Last time I was in Afghanistan, the uptake for the flu shot was very good as people were headed out for LTA to countries that had made it an entrance requirement.