Author Topic: Def R&D Canada: "Test & Optimization of Mine Plows"  (Read 3630 times)

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
Def R&D Canada: "Test & Optimization of Mine Plows"
« on: July 26, 2008, 07:57:39 »
MERX posting (.pdf attached in case link doesn't work)
"Defence R&D Canada - Suffield (DRDC Suffield) is currently pursuing the Mechanical Neutralization Technology Demonstration Program (Mech TDP) to improve the Canadian Forces capability to mechanically neutralize landmines and Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs). One component of this program includes scientific studies to understand and improve existing mechanical neutralization tools and to develop new ones.  One example of a piece of mechanical neutralization equipment is the mine plow. As part of the Mech TDP, DRDC Suffield is examining the design parameters of plows used for the removal of surface laid and buried mines and IEDs. The end goal of this research is to be able to characterize the performance of existing plows in order to improve designs for new plows...."

More on link, .pdf
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline MCG

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: Def R&D Canada: "Test & Optimization of Mine Plows"
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 12:06:23 »
Maybe not a bad idea to re-visit mechanical breaching tools.  It seems the Israelis (who were the origin of our current track width mine ploughs & mine rollers) have found ways to improve the system for counter-insurgency warfare & against IEDs.