Author Topic: have some questions on how often i'm gone and will i have time for my dogs  (Read 2584 times)

Offline armykat21

• Rate Post
i just have a few questions i'm going med tech i know well i'm on course i can't have any pets. i was woundering how often you guy r deployed over seas  and gone because i would like to have my dogs but i need to decide if it would be better for them if i give them up for adoption or if i will have time for them thanks :cdn:

aesop081

i just have a few questions i'm going med tech i know well i'm on course i can't have any pets. i was woundering how often you guy r deployed over seas  and gone because i would like to have my dogs but i need to decide if it would be better for them if i give them up for adoption or if i will have time for them thanks :cdn:

I can just see it now

"Sir, i cant deploy on XXXXXX tour because i want to spend time with my dogs"  ;D

Jokes asside, if you are single and going into the army, you will be away lots and you dogs will be in someone elses care for a while.  I had someone take care of my dog for me while i was at CFANS for 6 months hoping to have him full time with me after that.  I got to my unit and i am constantly away so i had to give him up.

Offline Rider Pride

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Easy to draw, hard to spell
Why did you ask this question here?

remove dogs, replace with wife, kids, car, hobby, pot farm, meth lab, etc etc.

Then search.  I am sure this has been asked and answered before.

No never mind....I'll answer you.

You will have as much time as you are determined to have.
"Return with your shield, or upon it."