Author Topic: Applebee's: Free meals for vets on 11 Nov  (Read 3856 times)

Offline Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
Applebee's: Free meals for vets on 11 Nov
« on: November 04, 2011, 14:56:00 »
I'm normally reluctant to get involved in campaigns such as this, but as the preferred channels were used and it looks like a good deal for many of you, I thought I'd share.

Hello Mike,

Hope you are well. I thought your members would be interested to know that my client, Applebee's Canada, is inviting all veterans and active duty Canadian Forces for a free lunch or dinner on Remembrance Day. This is the 3rd year we are extending the offer, and last year we served more than 2000 meals. I'm attaching a release that explains a bit more about the offer. Thank you again for all your dedicated work to Canada – we appreciate you. 

Best

Joe

Joe Murphy
Manager Corporate Communications

I'll go one further and suggest that anyone enjoying a free meal on the 11th donate the money they would have spent to the Solder On fund.

Cheers
Mike

Offline Pat in Halifax

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
  • Jackwagon
Re: Applebee's: Free meals for vets on 11 Nov
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 15:44:12 »
Good stuff. I just forwarded the release to NDHQ CWO and MCCPO and added your suggestion too.
"No ******* ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb ******* die for his"
George S. Patton

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
Re: Applebee's: Free meals for vets on 11 Nov
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 15:59:48 »
We've visited the local restaurant in each of the past two years... and gone back on different occasions. Sadly this year I'm working nights on Nov 11.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.